damn tripmines...

All things related to Enemy Territory game. Maps, mods, scripts etc.

damn tripmines...

Postby sumdumfuk » 16 Nov 2013, 11:38

hi! im new to etc and ive got to say i like what ive seen on the server so far... only 1 thing that bothers me... tripmines... i love the idea of the tripmine... but theres certain places where it can be planted that make it so 1 player needs to kamakazi himself in order to clear the mines for his team... maybe not a big deal in 4v4 or more... but any less than that and it makes for an almost impenetrable defence... ive come here to suggest you add g_damageweapons flag 32 to the nitmod cfg... this will allow grenades to explode tripmines so that there is at least some way to disarm them without having to be an engi standing less than 1m away from them... please... im beggingn you please... take this into account... this is the best nitmod server ive played on yet and id like to keep on playing here and changing this will make it so much more fun! cheers!
Last edited by sumdumfuk on 17 Nov 2013, 01:10, edited 1 time in total.
sumdumfuk

Re: damn tripmines...

Postby ETc|#.Jay.# » 16 Nov 2013, 12:08

thasnks for feedback. i will take a look at evening.
ETc|#.Jay.#
ETc| Member

{ IMAGES }: 553

Postby goldenboy » 16 Nov 2013, 12:57

Not a bad idea ! We allready have this with the mines and I think that the red bomb of the engi would be good to disarm them or PANZER :D
goldenboy
ETc| Member

Postby ETc|Pete. » 16 Nov 2013, 14:36

actually is a good idea, first mark them with binoculars (like mines) and then disarm with grenade
ETc|Pete.
ETc| Member

Postby M@xt0r » 16 Nov 2013, 15:18

It's a very nice idea !

Thats what I've said all the time when I was playing actively but noone cared, so I hope your topic will change it ;)

Gl :w:
M@xt0r

Postby ETc|*m4g!cK » 16 Nov 2013, 15:41

great idea because there is not always a panza or eng a round . :w:
ETc|*m4g!cK
ETc| Member

Postby Hans Gunsche » 16 Nov 2013, 17:07

sumdumfuk wrote:hi! im new to etc and ive got to say i like what ive seen on the server so far... only 1 thing that bothers me... tripmines... i love the idea of the tripmine... but theres certain places where it can be planted that make it so 1 player needs to kamakazi himself in order to clear the mines for his team... maybe not a big deal in 4v4 or more... but any less than that and it makes for an almost impenetrable defence... ive come here to suggest you add g_damageweapons flag 32 to the nitmod cfg... this will allow grenades to explode tripmines so that there is al least some way to disarm them without having to be an engi standing less than 1m away from them... please... im beggingn you please... take this into account... this is the best nitmod server ive played on yet and id like to keep on playing here and changing this will make it so much more fun! cheers!

Ty for the information. Do you happen to have info on how to remove the sten from the medic class?
Hans Gunsche
ETc| Member

{ IMAGES }: 2

Postby ETc|Sparky » 16 Nov 2013, 19:39

Done trip mines can be shot
Image Image
ETc|Sparky

Postby ETc|Pete. » 16 Nov 2013, 21:57

amazing !! thanks bosses !
ETc|Pete.
ETc| Member

Postby sumdumfuk » 17 Nov 2013, 00:53

tripmines would not have to be spotted like normal mines just toss a nade at them or any explosive and yeah you can even shoot them if you can get a good angle... removing g_weapons flag 512 will disable engi and medic to spawn with sten but theres no way to remove it for medic without removing it for engi as well... g_weapons flag 32 controls sten overheat fyi
sumdumfuk

Postby ETc|Leandra » 17 Nov 2013, 13:12

Awesome nice work. :)
ETc|Leandra
ETc| Member

Postby ETc|#.Jay.# » 17 Nov 2013, 17:06

sumdumfuk wrote:tripmines would not have to be spotted like normal mines just toss a nade at them or any explosive and yeah you can even shoot them if you can get a good angle... removing g_weapons flag 512 will disable engi and medic to spawn with sten but theres no way to remove it for medic without removing it for engi as well... g_weapons flag 32 controls sten overheat fyi

the weapons we will not change.
ETc|#.Jay.#
ETc| Member

{ IMAGES }: 553

Postby Hans Gunsche » 17 Nov 2013, 20:53

ETc|#.Jay.# wrote:
sumdumfuk wrote:tripmines would not have to be spotted like normal mines just toss a nade at them or any explosive and yeah you can even shoot them if you can get a good angle... removing g_weapons flag 512 will disable engi and medic to spawn with sten but theres no way to remove it for medic without removing it for engi as well... g_weapons flag 32 controls sten overheat fyi

the weapons we will not change.

Why not?
Hans Gunsche
ETc| Member

Postby sumdumfuk » 18 Nov 2013, 07:37

personally ive never liked it
on servers without g_weaponItems flag 4
so extra clips dont come with dropped weapons

but thats not why i came here anyway
im just happy i can nade tripmines
sumdumfuk

Postby Hans Gunsche » 18 Nov 2013, 16:22

Well, i am glad to hear that you are happy with the change.

I'm still fighting against the weird logic for a medic to have a sten in this mod.
Your post gave me hope, to know there is a solution. But alas, as i am fighting for months against this which is ruining my and others game experience i just get ignored.
But your problem get looked at within a day and is achieved. Good job!

Have fun on the server.
Hans Gunsche
ETc| Member

Return to Enemy Territory