Maps are bad...

All things related to Enemy Territory game. Maps, mods, scripts etc.

Maps are bad...

Postby ETc|HattoriHanzo » 06 Jul 2015, 17:03

This is only my opinion, but I think majority of the maps on the server are bad, I am not only one thinking this I guess.

I see alot of players disconnecting when they need to download a map that they never played or they just dont like.

I think we should just go with the popular maps to keep the player base bigger.

Go with maps such as desert fuel, supply, adler, frost, braun, deli, oasis, gr, pirates etc... not these "weird" / "new" maps....

I know most members are not active on the forums but give some opinions..
ETc|HattoriHanzo
ETc| Member

Re: Maps are bad...

Postby ETc|LaWy3R » 06 Jul 2015, 22:40

Hmmmm, I agree with Hattori.
I would get rid of maps which plp cannot dl - such as cortex (which I love...) :lool:
Maybe, lets keep the popular maps for a week or two, maybe sth will chnge and then decide... :devil:
Let Them hate. Just make sure They spell Your name right.
ETc|LaWy3R
ETc| Member

{ IMAGES }: 1

Postby ETc|HattoriHanzo » 08 Jul 2015, 12:54

Wow one answer, well its something.I agree with lawyer, we should try a week with regular/basic maps. If it doesnt help we go back to these weird and new maps. I havent spoken about this alot with other members, only with Flow and mixer so far, but the both agreed.
ETc|HattoriHanzo
ETc| Member

Postby ETc|cOnFu$3D » 08 Jul 2015, 21:29

Heya!
One reason that no one answers here could be that this topic has been aleady discussed often. A lot of topics on this forum deal with the map question!
I guess it's quite hard, to get everyone's favourite map on the server, while no other player is unsatisfied.

As far as I know, the server has a automatic random map decision system (or whatever that is called :) for more info on that ask jay...) and a lot of maps are uploaded.
So after every map this system chooses randomly the next map...

I agree that it is bad to see if people leave, bcs. a map is not a very well known or maybe not so good one.
But in this case, you can always ask a high admin to maybe do !next map.
If most people agree, it will be done anyway.
And some of the higher lvl admins can also choose and load maps, so just write a PM.

Further I want to say, that a lot has been done, to keep the server alive! It exists now for many years... AND I guess it would not if the Leaders wouldn't change the map rotation from time to time.
I guess you will find other map rotations anyway, bcs. it is arranged constantly...

Hope that this answer will help you and others to accept that it is not always that easy to satisfy all players :)

Greetz, cOnfu'
ETc|cOnFu$3D
ETc| Member

Postby ETc|ThorN*** » 11 Jul 2015, 08:47

i every time discuss about this ... cause i like supply breaundorf bremen delivery adler scrimmy maps ... but admins opinion is other and they put at evening playing time some eagles and other sh..t :babam:
ETc|ThorN***
ETc| Member

Return to Enemy Territory