ETc|The Plague

Tell us something about yourself.

ETc|The Plague

Postby The Plague » 22 Apr 2009, 03:56

Hi,

My name is Rui, i´m from Portugal (in detail from a student city called Coimbra).

My life in a topics list:
- working at home (Thank God i don´t have any work timetable :mrgreen: but on the other hand modelling polymer systems can be such a bore... :ugeek:)
- listening music (Radiohead, The Mars Volta, mainly)
- reading (economics, papers and... fantasy books :lol:)
- watching movies (Fight Club, Goodfellas, Platoon, Pulp Fiction, Clockwork Orange are my top five of all time) and trying to explain my girlfriend that romantic comedies SUCK... the plot is always the same!!! ;)
- swimming and playing basketball
- travelling (personal goal: trip around the world in six months before reaching 35), next trip: Prague in the begining of May.
- playing ET (to much time, lately...) has an axis medic behind enemy lines, spawnkilling and backreaping :twisted:

Regards
The Plague
ETc| Member

Re: ETc|The Plague

Postby fea » 22 Apr 2009, 12:23

Hi Rui, it seems that we like the same films and fantasy books :P What do you read and enjoy most of fantasy? Classics like Ursula le Guin, Tolkien, Salvatore, or maybe less known authors? In Poland we have Sapkowski and he is a fuckin word master... Reading his books is like an enormous dinner with the best food ever done :D
Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.
J. R. R. Tolkien
fea
ETc| Member

Postby The Plague » 03 May 2009, 15:08

I never heard of Sapkowksi, but i will listen to your advice and give it a try! :D

My favourites are Tolkien, Susanna Clarke, Zimmer Bradley and Stephen R. Lawhead.
The Plague
ETc| Member

Postby fea » 03 May 2009, 20:28

I don't know how it is with translation to other languages (there are translations of course, but i don't know the quality), but his books are just masterpieces. In totally right meaning of this word.
Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.
J. R. R. Tolkien
fea
ETc| Member

Return to Introduce yourself