broken pc

News and chats about the ETc| Clan.

broken pc

Postby HappyKillmore » 10 Feb 2018, 05:12

Hello all
I'm still having trouble with my pc the first graphics card I ordered was discontinued and it took 2 weeks before I got a email telling me so,now I ordered the Sapphire Radeon NITRO+ RX 580 8GB GDDR5 DUAL HDMI / DVI-D / DUAL DP w/ backplate SPECIAL EDITION (UEFI) PCI-E Graphic Cards 11265-21-20G,it's top of the line it worked when I put it in,but as soon as I loaded the drivers I got a black screen,so after I shelled out 700 dollars for this card,I found out you have to have a 8 pin pcie cable and a 6 pin,I have 2 6 pins so I ordered a 6 pin to 8 pin single wire adapter and it didn't work.
This is the 4 options I have I can buy a new computer and put the graphics card I bought and put it in it,2 buy another graphics card and go back to the one I had at first which is the sapphire 7950 3 gigabyte,
3 figure out why this graphics card isn't working,which I think it's the power supply,or 4 set my house on fire and start all over because this has been the most aggravated I've been in a long time.
I can always sell the new graphics card on ebay and lose about a hundred bucks on it.
I miss you guys so boring not being able to frag.

any suggestions is welcome
HappyKillmore
ETc| Member

{ IMAGES }: 1

Re: broken pc

Postby Aap » 10 Feb 2018, 06:46

Hello all
I'm still having trouble with my pc the first graphics card I ordered was discontinued and it took 2 weeks before
I got a email telling me so,now I ordered the Sapphire Radeon NITRO+ RX 580 8GB
it's top of the line it worked when I put it in,but as soon as I loaded the drivers I got a black screen,so after I shelled out 700 dollars for this card,
I found out you have to have a 8 pin pcie cable and a 6 pin,
I have 2 6 pins so I ordered a 6 pin to 8 pin single wire adapter and it didn't work.

This is the 4 options I have I can buy a new computer and put the graphics card I bought and put it in it,

2 buy another graphics card and go back to the one I had at first which is the sapphire 7950 3 gigabyte,
3 figure out why this graphics card isn't working,which I think it's the power supply,or
4 set my house on fire and start all over because this has been the most aggravated I've been in a long time.
I can always sell the new graphics card on ebay and lose about a hundred bucks on it.
I miss you guys so boring not being able to frag.

any suggestions is welcome

Hello good sir, I fixed your post hope you dont mind. it easier to read now.

You have good GPU, if you only play wolfenstein ET for it its not worth it and sell it asap.
Wolfestein et ruins on every potato pc tbh.
Aap

Postby ETc|I_Still_Sexy » 10 Feb 2018, 11:37

What version of window do you use ? Make sure its window7 or newer and it have to be 64 bits version system else wont work
Your power supply must be over 500 watts or greater if i was you i would start with change that 700 watts will cost you about 90 euros it worth a try instead of changing pc.
An other thing is driver request directX and Netframe make sure you have them up to date
ETc|I_Still_Sexy

Postby ETc|*m4g!cK* » 10 Feb 2018, 15:39

we'll wait , maybe. :lol: if you pay the shipping i'll send you my extra.its hp all n one window 10. ;) .
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
ETc|4ever/ Black Sabbath and Metallifknca ALWAYS/ 4ever :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :w:
ETc|*m4g!cK*
ETc| Member

{ IMAGES }: 4

Postby HappyKillmore » 11 Feb 2018, 03:36

thanks magic but I'll buy the sapphire 7950 and just use the same one I had and sell the new one on ebay.
I have really thought about buying a new pc but I have so much stuff on my hard drive that I don't want to lose plus I upgraded the memory to 32 gbs,
HappyKillmore
ETc| Member

{ IMAGES }: 1

Postby ETc|Pete. » 11 Feb 2018, 20:43

SET HOUSE ON FIRE !!!

jk, come back soon
ETc|Pete.
ETc| Member

Return to General Discussion