EVENT SUGGESTION 2018

Everything about our W:ET servers. New ideas, wishes are welcome.
N!tmod, Trickjump, Jaymod, Sniper N!tmod, Headshot ETPro.

EVENT SUGGESTION 2018

Postby ETc|SON GOKUUUU » 04 Jul 2018, 00:47

so I.. always have this idea for a fun event, a StopWatch Event.

For those of you who don't know what a stopwatch is: Instead of playing a map once and moving on, you play each map twice. Once on offense, once on defense. If the first team on offense completes all of the objectives, a time is set. Let's say the map is won by the attacking team in 15 minutes. The teams are swapped and the team that was defending now starts the round on offense with only 15 minutes on the clock. If the first team on offense does not complete all of the objectives (what they call a full hold), the new attackers have the full 20 minutes (or whatever time) to try. If neither team sets a time, I think it's just a draw and you move on.

Idk how exactly it would work regarding the server getting empty on that games and it might be far fetch, but my idea is to have two leader which will choose their teams one by one in their turns untill all the players that want to join are in. We also need a plan to recruite players for the event.

I used to watch those old ET and RTCW matches on youtube and never played this kind of game before, so I thinkk that would be very interestion!

This is one of my favorite RTCW movies capturing [<<]RaZiel which is one of the people im inspired of and is regarded as one of the Best RTCW players

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXLN9EFzh0U
I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!
ETc|SON GOKUUUU
ETc| Member

Re: EVENT SUGGESTION 2018

Postby ETc|Pl0p » 04 Jul 2018, 17:34

As you do, I sometimes enjoy watching those kind of fights on youtube :)

It could be a good idea, but (cause there is a but :) ) I think it's tough to set it up. Imo, we can't use our nitmod server, because this server is all about fun and weird gameplays. We work everyday by balancing teams, choosing maps wisely and involving regular players to make the server live, we can't screw it up, even for a 1 day event.

What could be a solution is using our jaymod server in that purpose as it's way less popular than the nitmod one. That would mean getting used to jaymod settings for all players and thus, playing a lot more there before the event.
And Idk if it's hard or not to change the settings of this server to make it stopwatch (reasonable spawn times, restricted heavy/rifle weapons, speed, jumps, etc), I'll let others reply to that :p

And another question is how would we set it up ? We're all in different countries, even if most are in Europe, so I guess the event would be set to an UTC +1-friendly time (and a bit friendly to others too ?). We'd also have to gather everyone, which can be hard due to everyone's job/vacation/family obligations.

I'm not saying it's impossible, it's complicated but it can be done and be fun. Theses are just ideas that are flowing around in my mind, feel free to throw yours :D

Cheers,
Florian.
ETc|Pl0p
ETc| Member

Postby ETc|Pete. » 04 Jul 2018, 19:33

sounds cool, I wish I could spend more time in the server, but count on me if you set it up, as I'm always looking at the forum

cheers
ETc|Pete.
ETc| Member

Postby ETc|SON GOKUUUU » 04 Jul 2018, 22:20

Jay mode is a good idea i thought about too but you dont necceserly need to practice for it.. whatever happends happends.. that would be also fun and the stronger players will have less advantage.. Also I dont mind if we will only be 10 vs 10 or 5 vs 5, it will still make the event good, and same goes for server settings.. as far as im concerned we only need restart/swap teams/ and setclock to whatever the clock need to be.. all the other thing like spawn time dont matter in my opinion, cabn you agree with me florian and anyone else?
I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!
ETc|SON GOKUUUU
ETc| Member

Postby ETc|Fire Phoenix » 05 Jul 2018, 15:42

Sounds fun lets see how others think about it :) i support it if others want i am in as well :D
Cheers!
Fire Birdy
ETc|Fire Phoenix
ETc| Member

Postby ETc|Pl0p » 05 Jul 2018, 17:29

Yeh, I agree with you, but what I meant is that, to make it simplier, people often set their server as stopwatch ones directly instead of setting everything manually. So the server deals with time/swap/etcetera itself. Our servers are typed as 'objective'. The easier would be to transform the jaymod objective server to a jaymod stopwatch server, but I don't know how tough it is lol.

But if enough people are interested and if it's possible technically, I'm in :)
ETc|Pl0p
ETc| Member

Postby ETc|SON GOKUUUU » 05 Jul 2018, 18:45

Sure we can turn it into a stop match, but wouldnt it make us play there more causing less activity on nitmode, i mean as you said, if its easy to switch from stop to jaymode so its great for an event (if you cant simply set a certein time in jaymode), but is that easy? Lets see what they say
ETc|SON GOKUUUU
ETc| Member

Postby ETc|SON GOKUUUU » 24 Jul 2018, 12:39

So guys? Comment?
ETc|SON GOKUUUU
ETc| Member

Postby Barnz » 29 Aug 2018, 19:36

Bit late to the party, but I am definitely keen to do this!!
Barnz
ETc| Member

Return to Wolfenstein Enemy Territory