SPAM emails?

Tell us if you have any problems with our website or forums.
New ideas are welcome.

SPAM emails?

Postby ETc|Dipl Ing dEI mUDDER » 29 Nov 2009, 13:01

Hi, all.
I made myself a new account on the main HP about a week back ( as "Diplomat"). Since then I have received 5 Spam-emails about weight reduction, too early orgasms and other sex related stuff. All mails I received have cn (canada) as ending. Does any1 else have this problem?
Could it be, that the data of Forum-Members is not secured properly?
I have always been very carefull about where to put my email adress and have never before received such mails. This is completely new to me. Does any1 else have the same problem? I think not many have signed in to the new HP yet.
Also for one week now i have introduced MS-Outlook to my system, cuz I find it handy. Does anyone know if this might have a security-problem?
ETc|Dipl Ing dEI mUDDER
ETc| Member

Re: SPAM emails?

Postby ETc|T!BaL** » 29 Nov 2009, 21:31

ETc|Dipl Ing dEI mUDDER wrote:Does any1 else have this problem?

No soory i don't have any pb of weight or sexual ones... but if i could help call me :roll:

:mrgreen:

Teab

P.S: more seriously, i don't have yhose spamming mail
ETc|T!BaL**
ETc| Member

Postby donmichelangelo » 29 Nov 2009, 22:34

About spam you are never on the savety site. For me I cant complain about any spam for the last years...but thats also related to the nice anti-spam system of my mail-provider. Well, the sender adress of Emails can be easily faked, also I could send mails with another sender adress like mike@fbi.gov or whatever, it works and from where you really received those spams with .cn sender adress doesnt explain anything ;)

So the only way to reduce the spams is to ask your provider if he could tighten the anti-spam rules, or if you use a free webmailer you could check out the Anti-Spam settings. Otherwise i recommend to you, to use a better mail client like Mozilla Thunderbird which has a very powerful anti-spam system integrated, or take the advantage of some random commercial anti-virus suites that has an anti-spam modul on-board, or the freeware solution spamfighter for outlook...just some thoughts to help you out :)
donmichelangelo
ETc| Member

Postby ETc|Dipl Ing dEI mUDDER » 29 Nov 2009, 22:49

ok thx don.
I was only wondering, because I never before had the problem and it only started shortly after re-signing in to the Homepage.
Maybe I should try the anti fat stuff...
ETc|Dipl Ing dEI mUDDER
ETc| Member

Postby donmichelangelo » 29 Nov 2009, 22:52

of course I would wonder myself as well, so i get your point if you say: are our email adresses safe? But as it seems you are the only one who seems to have these probs, so I might imply that this is just mere chance that you received those spams after you signed up with a new account...
donmichelangelo
ETc| Member

Postby Frog# » 30 Nov 2009, 18:21

I am the only one who have few email accounts?
When Hulk is geting angry hes becoming green. Im all the time green...
Frog#

Return to Website / Forums