Lags (cause pc. internet should be good)

You have a problem with your PC? TV? Fridge?
Tell us about it and we'll try to help you.

Lags (cause pc. internet should be good)

Postby Fav,Orite » 14 Aug 2019, 20:16

Hey. i Play this game i think over ten years now.
(i stopped from 2014-2018 cause personally reasons. Wife, child and to much weed and a bit play league of legends)
This reasons arent importent for this post xD.

At now i am unnicely for 2 years in the Prison (one is over already) for weed only. (grow & schmuggling)
cause i am a always good person and just had smoke to much i got a rlly nice prison, where my family can visit and sleep and i have w-lan.

Now my problem :D

The wlan seems always be good as tests and at downloading about 2-5 MB /second

my pc (Asus-Laptop):
Prozessor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2197 MHz, 2 Kern(e), 4 logische(r) Prozessor(en)
Windows 10 Home 64-Bit Version (10.0 Build 17134)
Installierter physischer Speicher (RAM) 4,00 GB
Intell HD Graphics 5500 with 2111MB (shown as dxdiag)

I reinstalled windows, so the laptop is near empty.

It should be run Enemy Territory without heavy "cant move laggs" every minute or not ?

Any help to solve this problem ? I have nearly all settings on low i think, just use customized Display Resolution 1600x900 (a 15 years old game should work on high i think)
I Already tried to make the process in task mangaer to realtime, still got the laggs. At my laggs Lagometer Green & Blue line gets crazy both.

Thanks for any help :)
V822 - Hi, i love you :*
Fav,Orite

Re: Lags (cause pc. internet should be good)

Postby ETc|$uLt@n » 16 Aug 2019, 18:04

it's not because it's an old game, the display plays.
It is played on the quality and performance of your graphics card and what it can support.
Intell HDs are often basic graphics cards, but are not made for the game.
personally I play on a graphics card Intell HD 2000 and I play 1280x1024 and it is impossible for me to display it higher where the game is cut directly.

ps : redo you a cfg including server settings included. ex: maxpackets, etc ....

https://www.touslesdrivers.com/

download driver update on this site , and you will know directly what is not up to date, you will then have all the updates of your material available and you will have more than to download and install all.
it's easy enough for beginners like me lol
ETc|$uLt@n
ETc| Member

Return to Technical support