New ET sound samples

All things related to Enemy Territory game. Maps, mods, scripts etc.

New ET sound samples

Postby Ariovistus » 24 Oct 2022, 17:43

Hey everyone ! I have created a sample pack for ET and it's now complete so I submit it to the ETc community, hoping it will be used in the main server.
Most of the samples either come from the 1975 movie "Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS" or various Williams pinball machines from the mid 90's (the golden age of pinball machines, with excellent voice acting). I have also added a cool sample from the 1988 movie "They Live".

I have divided the samples in two categories : Male and Female.
I've also realised most of the samples fall into these subcategories :

-Hello
-Bye
-Thank you
-You're welcome
-Compliment
-Taunt
-Oops
-Shut up
-Hurry
-Misc/Funny

Instead of creating a V*** chat entry for each samples (there's 50 of them !) I suggest using the male and female category then just the subcategories. A random sample will then be played belonging to the selected subcategory. For example v81 is male and V82 is female, V811 is male "Hello", V812 is male "Bye", V821 is female "Hello", V822 is female "Bye" etc. Using several random samples in each subcategory is the way to go :geek:

Anyway, please take a few minutes of your time to review them. I hope you will like them because I think they would be terrific on the ETc main server. Imagine all the cool and funny possibilities !
Attachments
Ariovistus ET Samples.zip
(10.91 MiB) Downloaded 350 times
Ariovistus

Re: New ET sound samples

Postby ETc|cOnFu$3D » 28 Oct 2022, 23:18

Heya!

I appreciate your commitment! :w:

Go on with your ideas! :idea:

See you on server...

Greetz,
cOnfu'
ETc|cOnFu$3D
ETc| Member

Postby ETc|#.Jay.# » 17 Nov 2022, 18:49

Ariovistus wrote:Hey everyone ! I have created a sample pack for ET and it's now complete so I submit it to the ETc community, hoping it will be used in the main server.
Most of the samples either come from the 1975 movie "Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS" or various Williams pinball machines from the mid 90's (the golden age of pinball machines, with excellent voice acting). I have also added a cool sample from the 1988 movie "They Live".

I have divided the samples in two categories : Male and Female.
I've also realised most of the samples fall into these subcategories :

-Hello
-Bye
-Thank you
-You're welcome
-Compliment
-Taunt
-Oops
-Shut up
-Hurry
-Misc/Funny

Instead of creating a V*** chat entry for each samples (there's 50 of them !) I suggest using the male and female category then just the subcategories. A random sample will then be played belonging to the selected subcategory. For example v81 is male and V82 is female, V811 is male "Hello", V812 is male "Bye", V821 is female "Hello", V822 is female "Bye" etc. Using several random samples in each subcategory is the way to go :geek:

Anyway, please take a few minutes of your time to review them. I hope you will like them because I think they would be terrific on the ETc main server. Imagine all the cool and funny possibilities !

Hi, i have downloaded them, and we will ofc add some of them to main server. Iam just not sure when we will release a new soundpack, thats still much work.
Thanks for your time.
ETc|#.Jay.#
ETc| Member

{ IMAGES }: 553

Postby ETc|g8 » 17 Nov 2022, 23:51

good work

:admin:
ETc|g8

{ IMAGES }: 1

Postby Ariovistus » 18 Nov 2022, 01:02

Thanks a lot, Jay. That's a great news. I understand it will take some time to add some of the samples to the existing sample tree in the game but I'll be patient. My two favorites are : "Gott im Himmel ! You could destroy an army !" and "Jaaa, mein Kommandant, ja" :slap:
Ariovistus

Return to Enemy Territory