Next Question: How to change Startwindow?

All things related to Enemy Territory game. Maps, mods, scripts etc.

Next Question: How to change Startwindow?

Postby Danie_Dannebrog » 26 Jun 2009, 19:50

Hello folks,

here's my next question and I hope that I'm the first person to ask this question :lol: .
A while ago, I've been on another server and since then I've got another startwindow everytime I start the game.

So of course, I want my etc-clan startwindow back!!!... because then it's easier and faster for me to come on the server 8-).

As far as I know, I could delete the old files somwhere in the main maps, but I don't know where to find them (because there are hell a lot) and which one of them the annoying ones are :roll:

:arrow: please help!
Danie_Dannebrog
ETc| Member

Re: Next Question: How to change Startwindow?

Postby shrimpy » 27 Jun 2009, 01:15

would be alot easier if you downloaded etstarter pro from

http://returntocastlewolfenstein.filefr ... _Pro;82871

and once its installed and you load it up .. right click on program display screen and select tools .. then options ...
then click on the "servers" tab and then "add server" .. then put in the server name and the ETc server ip 80.86.84.38:27960 and your done

and that can be used by everyone who wants quicker access to wolf .. it allows you to switch through 2.55, 2.56, 2.60 and 2.60b patches (i think this is the download with the 2.60b patch selector included, been a long time since i have downloaded it myself)

hope that helps .. just another way for quick easy access to your favourite servers :D
shrimpy
ETc| Member

Postby Danie_Dannebrog » 27 Jun 2009, 13:45

Hey Shrimpy,

the program looks nice!
But, during using it, there's a bug which I can't get rid of. Always when starting Et starter pro it says this: (Look at the picture).
I also took the copyright of all the et starter pro files away (as the program says, this could be the problem). And I also checked, if the Version(blabla) - Map exists and it does... but this doesn't solve the problem

Greeeeetingz
Attachments
fail.jpg
fail.jpg (155.97 KiB) Viewed 23446 times
Danie_Dannebrog
ETc| Member

Postby shrimpy » 27 Jun 2009, 15:12

hmmm .. never seen that problem before ... are you using windows vista? if so you could right click on the icon and go on properties and run the program as admin ... if not im not really sure sorry, and perhaps other members will be able to help you with your problem either by giving suggestions to sort out your etsrater pro .. or other methods for quicker access to the ETc servers

*shrimpy*
shrimpy
ETc| Member

Postby ETc|#.Jay.# » 27 Jun 2009, 16:01

dani mach mal ein screenshot was alles in deinem etmain ordner drin ist bitte. und schick den mir über privatmessage.
ETc|#.Jay.#
ETc| Member

{ IMAGES }: 553

Postby Danie_Dannebrog » 27 Jun 2009, 19:12

Thx Shrimpy, it works... but as i already told Jay, I've still some other problems. How to start with etstarter pro and use my old config?
Danie_Dannebrog
ETc| Member

Postby shrimpy » 27 Jun 2009, 21:59

glad it works :D .. have you made your own config? if so .. when you go onto a server .. press tab and type /exec autoexec.cfg .. this will load up your config .. hope this helps :D

*shrimpy*
shrimpy
ETc| Member

Postby Danie_Dannebrog » 28 Jun 2009, 11:19

Sure I've got my own config ;). But with typing those commands, it makes no really difference for me to use the program
or to start ET normally. :roll:
But thanks anyway :)
Danie_Dannebrog
ETc| Member

Postby ETc|rosebud » 01 Jul 2009, 13:46

i use sl.gamelauncher (http://wiki.splatterladder.com/Sl.Gamelauncher/en) en then put a url link to my desktop to point to ETC server (et://80.86.84.38:27960/84)
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
ETc|rosebud
ETc| Member

{ IMAGES }: 0

Postby Danie_Dannebrog » 01 Jul 2009, 18:45

yeah nice that's a better program =) 8-) .... sorry shrimpy :oops:

but now I've got an even worse problem. since installing and /even uninstall of the program my config is gone :o , don't know how to solve this. already tried the common commands as, exec autoexec/etconfig bla bla

Guess I might start from zero again :(
Danie_Dannebrog
ETc| Member

Postby shrimpy » 02 Jul 2009, 00:17

Danie_Dannebrog wrote:yeah nice that's a better program =) 8-) .... sorry shrimpy :oops:

awww :o i am hurt now :cry: :cry: :cry: .. haha its ok .. i only tried helping, you use whats best for you :D

but with the new problem ... not really sure how to solve it

*shrimpy*
shrimpy
ETc| Member

Return to Enemy Territory