artillery

News and chats about the ETc| Clan.

artillery

Postby HappyKillmore » 29 Nov 2018, 18:22

I'm not usually one to complain but the constant artillery is horrible especially on the smaller maps and it's being abused by a few players.
meaning every time its up its being used on tank or truck and it's seems is ready to often sometimes it's constant artillery.
I don't mind the flamers or mortar rounds you can time them and get around it but the artillery just ruins maps for players trying to move tank or truck on both sides.
Players shouldn't depend on or get 60 kills a map from just artillery and air strikes and that is exactly what is happening and no effort is put forth.
HappyKillmore
ETc| Member

{ IMAGES }: 1

Re: artillery

Postby HappyKillmore » 30 Nov 2018, 08:01

I guess more or less what I'm asking is can the artillery be turned down some the frequency to call in artillery and artillery is a bit high for some of the smaller maps like caen and supply,but on larger maps it seems to be OK.
Any thoughts on this jay or darkness. :wank2:
HappyKillmore
ETc| Member

{ IMAGES }: 1

Postby ETc|A^DARKNESS) » 30 Nov 2018, 22:50

Well i may of said before but i think the artillary is ok at the moment.

If a new players put artillary in an area where he thinks he can help, but it actually Doesnt? then what will happen in low artillary setting is
NO Competition in the Areas Needed ( no opposition) and( fast map ends) and causes friction to any one specific player who isnt placing artillary strikes in the Right area, THEN.. people will abandon artillary and choose another class, leaving only the Dominant artillary player to dictate his game ( good player or bad).
ETc|A^DARKNESS)
ETc| Member

Postby ETc|MaDneSs » 01 Dec 2018, 03:21

i think 90% of the ones that spam arty can be reasoned with you just pm them and ask them to take it easy on the arty and with it explain to him that its not becouse you dont want him to have kills god k/d or xp or something just that it makes the game realy hard and boring for the new players with 'less skill' and then they leave and like i said most of the time they understand it
But as darkness said if arty is is the hands of a new player he can spam it all he wants he wont do much harm becouse its usually placed in a random spot.
i've tried it 8 times lets say 6 understood the first second and reply kindly okay ill try to watch it 5 of those switched class and kept rocking but there is always some people that get offended by it in that case you idk try to take more time and explain to him in a bit longer version dont think its the reason to punish someone with admin commands since its part of the game no? (im asking so i get it clear not to point fingers :D )
ETc|MaDneSs
ETc| Member

Return to General Discussion