[SOLVED] Can't connect to the ETLegacy server.

Everything about our W:ET servers. New ideas, wishes are welcome.
N!tmod, Trickjump, Jaymod, Sniper N!tmod, Headshot ETPro.

[SOLVED] Can't connect to the ETLegacy server.

Postby ETc|PSYKOGRASM » 09 Aug 2022, 15:05

Hi, it won't let me connect to our ETLegacy server although I can connect fine to others.
Here is the error:

Code: Select all
\connect 185.248.141.23:27991
185.248.141.23:27991 resolved to 185.248.141.23:27991
ERROR: Bad GUID: Duplicate etkey.

Thanks for any help.
Last edited by ETc|PSYKOGRASM on 09 Aug 2022, 16:33, edited 1 time in total.
ETc|PSYKOGRASM
ETc| Member

Re: Can't connect to the ETLegacy server.

Postby Rogan » 09 Aug 2022, 15:45

if you share the same etkey from the original client with the legacy one and try to connect with a second client then you won't be able to connect and you'll receive that error. Get a new key for whatever client you wanna use if you want to connect a second time
Rogan
ETc| Member

Re: Can't connect to the ETLegacy server.

Postby ETc|PSYKOGRASM » 09 Aug 2022, 16:37

Rogan wrote:if you share the same etkey from the original client with the legacy one and try to connect with a second client then you won't be able to connect and you'll receive that error. Get a new key for whatever client you wanna use if you want to connect a second time

I'm kinda lost with your explanation (sorry), I only use etlegacy client and have only etkey in one place.
I fixed it anyway, I took the etkey from etmain in my documents and moved it to etmain where I have the game itself (with the games pk3's) and now it works with the exact same etkey thankfully.

EDIT: Just to clarify, when I say others in the OP I mean other etlegacy servers, I've played on TM:ETL for the past few years with this same game files/setup/keys just fine. Just seemed to by our server that wouldn't let me join.
ETc|PSYKOGRASM
ETc| Member

Return to Wolfenstein Enemy Territory