A proposal for ETc|

Talk about anything you want...

A proposal for ETc|

Postby suprising » 05 Sep 2012, 15:37

Hello there!

I'vm writing here, because I've come up with an idea and I am here to introduce it to you.
In fact, I am introducing this in most of the ET clans,
ETc| being the first one in this case, and hoping that they will come along with it.
As you might know, the ET world going through some rough times
and it is more difficult for newcomers to merge into the ET community,
not to mention that there are hundreds of more attractive games out nowadays
that compell people more than ET does. But this means the current ET players,
who have sticked with ET since the very beginning are the most common people in the ET world now.
Hoping that they won't get bored of the game, it would be great to
So, briefly the idea is the following: to create an ET Clan news website.

Before you jump into any conclusions, I would like to say a few words about it.
Of course there are already great and well established sites out there,
that deal with any kind of Enemy Territory issues,
but I hav yet not found a site that publicizes the news from different clans.
So, my idea would be a site, where every major clan of the ET world
could have a place where to publicize news about events in their clan,
about their tournaments, about server updates, new servers, interviews with their members...
practically anything that is related to the clan they represent.

Every participating clan would have their own correspondent(s),
who will be able to submit news about clan events, internal tournaments,
global tournaments they attend to or anything related to ET and their clan, what they will find newsworthy.
Also news will be seperated to Clan sections, and newest ones will also appear on the front page of the site.

If ET clans will be intrested, then I would 1st of all be intrested to create a working team.
As this is quite a raw idea, then further details are a matter of discussion within the team which I am trying to create.
So, in case ETc| will be intrested, then please let me know about it here.
At the beginning, we would need 2-3 people from each participating clan.

Now, if... you would be intrested in being part of such a page, but you have some questions that need answering,
then we can first discuss it here and you can fire away some questions that you want answered,
since I didn't go mad about the details over here (, yet).

Feel free to ask!

Best Regards,
Suprising*
suprising

Re: A proposal for ETc|

Postby ETc|A^DARKNESS) » 06 Sep 2012, 13:07

Firstly my friend id like to know a little more information about you, your age ,your clan,& what you expect if this is successfull,id never jump into anything without knowing who im jumping with :)

But i will add that it sounds like a great idea to create a community for ET
So because we are all seperate clans in the world, mostly at this stage the competitions are either clans wars/scrims and trackbase rating "which of course is only determined on how fast you can kill unskilled players without dying = choosing medic,so ive found the players that think they are the best, judging from TB. are medics.
it would be great to see a rating system alot more defined than trackbase, showing stats like best healer,best covert ops best engineer,,and more negative stats like teamswitchers , 1 class wonders and rage quiters, yes i know how crazy that all sounds, and im not sure how that would be implemented ingame, thinking about it ,all servers would need some kind of update for the information to to be fed to the website,the only reason id suggest such a task is the same reason TB or splatterladder is popular,is because of a rating system,"bate" :)

Id also like to see some kind of Advertisement that could blast through the internet facebook/twitter and so on, ET doesnt get enough recognition as you said,many other games that are out are being played and most of the players i see have played ET since the start

We as ETc try our best to server the public keeping them happy via changing things like maps/sounds/mods/ and even members, we always hold firm to the fact that its the general public that makes our server popular to this date,and they will always be regarded as important.

If all servers was rated from the general public, not based on server visits, but a simple thumbs up rating system,and a comment section with say.. a maximum of 15 positive comments under each server, this could bring more people to playing ET i think, and the site would be a good way to find out what server you want to play on ,for your first time, with settings /sounds/server atmosphere advertised under each server

as i said before these are just idea,s to bring ET to peoples attention i have more idea,s too but my dog whistles to me like she wants to go outside for a no1

peace

ETc|A^DaRKNesS)
ETc|A^DARKNESS)
ETc| Member

Postby ETc|#.Jay.# » 06 Sep 2012, 14:06

dont get mad at me but my 2 cents about it. we are a own clan/community.

You can ask small clans for your good idea, because i see hundrets of empty servers.

But iam not interested because we have here enough todo, activ players forums website.

I will write later more here but pause is gone, cya
ETc|#.Jay.#
ETc| Member

{ IMAGES }: 553

Postby suprising » 06 Sep 2012, 18:23

Thank you for the feedback!

I should have introduced myself before, yes.
I am a 20 year old guy from Estonia, moving to Czech rep this month.
I've been playing ET since 2006 or 2005, I can't remember anymore..
I am currently in no clan and my only previous clan was |fun| (2008-2011, 2011)
I spent there more than 3 years and lead the clan for half a year, then quited.
My username there was fun-GaRa.

ETc|#.Jay.# wrote:dont get mad at me but my 2 cents about it. we are a own clan/community.

You can ask small clans for your good idea, because i see hundrets of empty servers.

But iam not interested because we have here enough todo, activ players forums website.

No reason to get mad.
But I can't follow your suggestion to introduce this idea to small clans or empty servers.
That's because as we know there are not many new players coming in, which means increasing the activity of the smaller (empty) servers would mainly come on the account of currently healthy ones, such as yours.
The result being that ET would have big amount of servers with few people, and less and less servers which are having great activity.
And thinking over the situation ET is in at the moment...
The more quality servers there are, the better. Going for improving all those empty servers is not a good idea, because it is better to have smaller amount of healthy servers, than bigger amount of servers with low activity.

Also, I am not looking for clan leaders to join the team.
As I know very well from my own experience, clan leaders are usually busy and often occupied with too many things.
But I believe that each clan has some persons who are eager to help the clan, but feel that they aren't put to use enough.
I am looking for such people exacly: People who have enough time, free will and the loyality to their clan. And I would only require 1 or 2 who will broadcast events in and of ETc|.

But I will have to respect the decision you will take in this:
approval of a leader is still essential.

ETc|A^DARKNESS) wrote:it would be great to see a rating system alot more defined than trackbase, showing stats like best healer,best covert ops best engineer,,and more negative stats like teamswitchers , 1 class wonders and rage quiters, yes i know how crazy that all sounds, and im not sure how that would be implemented ingame, thinking about it ,all servers would need some kind of update for the information to to be fed to the website,the only reason id suggest such a task is the same reason TB or splatterladder is popular,is because of a rating system,"bate"

To be honest I don't think this can be pulled off at this point.
And I know how dangerous it is to get into the land of ideas. It can take you far far away and tear you away from practical possibilities. So at this point I would like to stick to the basic idea, which is to have common ground for broadcasting news and events in and of the clans. What future brings, you never know. But this idea needs a seperate discussion. Maybe we can have this in the future :)
ETc|A^DARKNESS) wrote:Id also like to see some kind of Advertisement that could blast through the internet facebook/twitter and so on, ET doesnt get enough recognition as you said,many other games that are out are being played and most of the players i see have played ET since the start
If all servers was rated from the general public, not based on server visits, but a simple thumbs up rating system,and a comment section with say.. a maximum of 15 positive comments under each server, this could bring more people to playing ET i think, and the site would be a good way to find out what server you want to play on ,for your first time, with settings /sounds/server atmosphere advertised under each server

I like both ideas and I believe it can be done without too much problems. Participating servers can be listed in their Clan's section of the site and also listed and introduced in seperate section for All participating clan's servers.
And public rating system can be established so newcomers would be able to see their options there, instead of scrolling through empty and bot filled servers ingame, trying to find a good server.
And to let them know about such a place, this needs advertising, as you said.
Facebook, twitter, google+ (lol, lol, lol) etc. Doable.

Good interaction, I like it :D
I'll be waiting for more feedback.
Brr but and now as I'm at work, I'll do some work too.

Cheers!
Suprising*
suprising

Postby Reefermadness » 08 Sep 2012, 17:14

I say why not?

If we can make this game last another 10 years, it's worth it.

ET forever 8-)
Great shot!
Reefermadness
ETc| Member

Postby ETc|EnTr4Xx » 08 Sep 2012, 19:02

Reefermadness wrote:
ET forever 8-)

Ahah ofc !!!! GREAT SHOT ;D
ETc|EnTr4Xx
ETc| Member

Postby ETc|*m4g!cK » 12 Sep 2012, 15:12

ETc|#.Jay.# wrote:dont get mad at me but my 2 cents about it. we are a own clan/community.

I will write later more here but pause is gone, cya

jays right we're doing ok we never knew you b4 and you seem to find us,who has the upper hand? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
ETc|*m4g!cK
ETc| Member

Postby suprising » 12 Sep 2012, 23:44

ETc|*m4g!cK wrote:jays right we're doing ok we never knew you b4 and you seem to find us,who has the upper hand?
*innocent smile

So is there a decision made?
Eitherway if any of you would like to join in, you may contact me via PM for instance.

Cheers!
suprising

Postby ETc|#.Jay.# » 13 Sep 2012, 02:27

suprising wrote:
ETc|*m4g!cK wrote:jays right we're doing ok we never knew you b4 and you seem to find us,who has the upper hand?
*innocent smile

So is there a decision made?
Eitherway if any of you would like to join in, you may contact me via PM for instance.

Cheers!

why pm, wanna see who is interested :)
ETc|#.Jay.#
ETc| Member

{ IMAGES }: 553

Postby suprising » 13 Sep 2012, 22:29

Okay xD
Well I'll be waitin' so take your time ;)
suprising

Return to Off-topic