Need your help

All things related to Enemy Territory game. Maps, mods, scripts etc.

Need your help

Postby c0rd » 28 Apr 2009, 20:44

well scripts configs modifications,i did all.slightly increased my headshot ratio.but tired to see kill and deaths are equal to eachother at end of every round.so im askin help.askin ways to improve my kd.are there any tips which u wanna share wit me?3months passed since i started at game,i m still at square no1.no improvement beside headshots.im usin a medic btw.hope u ll help me
RTCW status : Retired
c0rd

Re: Need your help

Postby BossHK » 28 Apr 2009, 20:51

You are just fucking nob, gtfo. Cfg's to improve hs ratio -.- Tweaks improve hs ratio -.- v57 hallelujaa x.x
BossHK

Postby c0rd » 29 Apr 2009, 01:41

+1 for u
proved u re livin in a crack lab.
if u dont ve something good to say,then be quiet.
and yes configs improve game performance therefore hs ratio.so shhh.
btw whats your ig nickname?i wonder who da heck im talkin to..who re u
c0rd

Postby BossHK » 29 Apr 2009, 15:51

Guess what, this was first time when I posted something negative/ was rude. Sry for that, I just got totally bad day yesterday blablabla...

Read my short aiming tutorial, it should help a bit. Then just train. And about my name, I am me. :) lol
BossHK

Postby ETc|w00t! » 29 Apr 2009, 16:34

c0rd wrote:configs improve game performance therefore hs ratio

Agreed.
ETc|w00t!
ETc| Member

Postby c0rd » 29 Apr 2009, 20:49

BossHK wrote:Guess what, this was first time when I posted something negative/ was rude. Sry for that, I just got totally bad day yesterday blablabla...

Read my short aiming tutorial, it should help a bit. Then just train. And about my name, I am me. :) lol

its okay.all of us can ve bad days.

wit this topic i just wanna discuss/share tactic side of game.not technical.what should be done ingame,what shouldnt be done etc.for ex. dodgin bullets wit strafe is very hard,when we re on 2vs1 or more.i simply decided to fallback a lil and wait a company.

also(offtopic, physical side of game) physical endurance is very important.i play approximately 10-12hrs in ETC server,sometimes short afks but i mainly active.when i was a kid i had a traffic accident and my right shoulder put off.it ll ache forever.from shoulder to wrist.so i ve started usin a wristband to reduce table's corner's pressure on my wrist.coz my mouse located higher than keyboard.not enuf space on rail part of desk.also usin muscle relaxin medicines.ofc this s for me.and my aches under control.

well back to topic,what i was sayin.yes tactics.we aint supermans.fightin alone aganist a horde is hell in this game.got late but got.changed this behaviour.workin on strafe timin currently.the time passin between pressin A and pressin D.need a harmony between 2 keys.if i press too fast,naturally no effect.also practicin myself not to double jump in firefights unless i dont ve ammo and need to retreat.really doublejump bring end of ppl.i found crouch more usefull.also decided passin time wit unimportant voicechats and hear em is waste of time.turned off all.ve to hear bullet and footstep sounds.

lastly(offtopic,technical)my mouse's left button s about to die.sometimes stuckin.next week gonna buy a good mouse.preferably wit high DPI.hope this ll help a lil aswell.about tweakin coz my pc's capability is higher than ET's requirement,i dont ve any fps lag(im playin wit max visual settings at 1024x768)and usin 4mb dsl my ping around50-100.its quite good.could be better if i havent got 3 computers in my house.so tweakin aint necessarity for me,but if u gonna do its not so easy i must say.a risky progress.better search your hardware techical options before doin.

at end,i wanna say,wit postin here to help my ET development,u wont only help me also u ll help all amatuers whos gonna read this topic and thats very good.im lookin suggestions and usefull links from u all.also suggestin "AimingByRaz" to all beginners.really helped me couple of months ago.

Thnx.<3 all.cya ig.
c0rd

Postby fea » 29 Apr 2009, 22:39

i didn't read any manual for aiming. All that I do is my own practise. I am not so good as many, but I think not the worst.
My little advice is to turn on again voicechats because this game is about fun. Hearing some of laughs or YES YES YES !!! is much fun for me. Don't act like nolife from our voicechat (southpark/make love not warcraft) :D

And I find it very funny and I like it to act like kamikaze. Just, for example in siwa oasis, playing allies, I just love to jump down that 2 tunel leading to axis base and die there 20 times and killing some people there. After this practise :P i can tell you, that it is possible to act like superman :D Just first person to kill is medic, don't matter who is he/she. Then you get meds, when you point at others, u should stay behind one person, give him 3 heads, thats all in less than 1 sec, but this time when u stay behind live character u could not be hit by others, because friendly fire is deactivated. Then, depends on your life left and opponents to kill, attack or return.

I am angry about people calling noob runner. It's not even about noob (lol ;) ) but runner. I just don't get it. Why is running, when you have not much life left, bad? Should I just stay and get killed? lol. That game is about not getting killed, killing others and enjoying the game (including funny voicechats :lol: ). So, u have no life left? Run if u can run away. If u can't kill some1 and die :D And that's the point. DOT :lol:
Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.
J. R. R. Tolkien
fea
ETc| Member

Postby ETc|w00t! » 29 Apr 2009, 23:10

fea wrote:Should I just stay and get killed?

Finally you got the point ;)

Anyway like i said, there are some cvars to play with to get more hs... And the main things is mouse sensitivity of course.
Btw. what about the mouse pad? Do you think it's useful? Any experiences about that?
ETc|w00t!
ETc| Member

Postby c0rd » 30 Apr 2009, 00:26

i got mad my mouse pad last day.it was like chain mountains coz of dirt.its a 4-5 years old pad.i threw it from balcony.no pad currently.i polished my desk's part where i put mouse.i already got familiar to this.less friction.but maybe i ll buy one when i ll buyin new mouse next week.

i inspected some ppl.u know there re 2 types of sensitivity in this game when answerin "whats your sens." question.fast and slow.coz it changes due to DPI of your mouse.well I,myself usin 10-11 for close combat and its fast.and usin 5 for long range.
other ppl sayin "im usin 1.5-2 sens and its fast"so i gettin my mouse's DPI is very low.means much tiresome.maybe explains why i hardly do 180s.dunno didnt find my mouse's value.maybe i should search.my mouse+keyboard is microsoft wireless 2.0 .
c0rd

Postby ETc|w00t! » 30 Apr 2009, 00:34

c0rd wrote:i threw it from balcony.

I love you.

Well, sensitivity depends on your mouse and how many DPI you have set + acceleration etc. in your mouse (or windows) settings. I can play with almost every sensitivity value, after some time I just get used to it. ;)

And my question is, should I buy a mousepad or not? For some months I've been playing without it, but maybe it would be better with some kind of pr0 g4m!ng mousepad?
ETc|w00t!
ETc| Member

Postby fea » 30 Apr 2009, 01:59

ETc|w00t! wrote:
c0rd wrote:i threw it from balcony.

acceleration etc. in your mouse (or windows) settings
And my question is, should I buy a mousepad or not? For some months I've been playing without it, but maybe it would be better with some kind of pr0 g4m!ng mousepad?

I don't know what is with et but many games have some stuff like: i have disabled in windows my mouse, and then in game it is acceleration again. After u turn off game, there is no acceleration in windows. The answer for that is changing it manually via system register (regedit). Just turning it off. Then this option will be just disabled on PC for every application.
I've got pro gaming mousepad. I haven't noticed better performance or sth. Maybe a little smoother move. Having pro shit pad can affect your mind for better aiming :lol:
Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.
J. R. R. Tolkien
fea
ETc| Member

Postby c0rd » 30 Apr 2009, 10:41

http://www.amazon.com/Razer-RZ02-00060100-R2M1-Mantis-Oversized-Gaming/dp/B000DZDQ62/ref=pd_sxp_f_r
if u lookin a mouse pad for gaming."razer" comes wit 2 surfaces "speed" and "control".
seems many turkish players love this pad after i searched around.but price seemed salty a lil to me for a mouse pad.
c0rd

Postby c0rd » 30 Apr 2009, 11:10

Btw i found my mouse's technical properties.

Technical Details for Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0
Product Description Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0 - mouse
Device Type Mouse
Dimensions (WxDxH) 7.4 cm x 12.3 cm x 4.3 cm
Weight 0.1 kg
Localisation French
Connectivity Technology Wireless - RF
Wireless Receiver USB / PS/2 wireless receiver
Movement Detection Technology Optical
Buttons Qty 3
Movement Resolution 400 dpi
Features Scrolling wheel, Tilt Wheel technology
Battery 2 x AA type
OS Required Microsoft Windows 2000 Server, Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional , Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Apple MacOS X 10.1 - 10.2.x

like i guessed low dpi.
c0rd

Postby BossHK » 30 Apr 2009, 15:51

I don't have time now, gotta go to work, but when I'm back, I will write something how to improve your aiming/overall skill. And btw technical side is very important at this game, especially monitor&mouse. I really recommend that you read that short tutorial which I have wrote. It contains basics about technical side. Cu later.
BossHK

Postby c0rd » 30 Apr 2009, 22:05

fea wrote:My little advice is to turn on again voicechats because this game is about fun.

Sorry bro. i wont return sounds never again.when someone use same sample more than 1 time at a time,like 3 or more (its "spam" in my book.) it aint fun.coz it has no meanin.

for ex. : lets say,u killed me then u used "hahahaha" sample one time.and i used "nein!".then its ok.pretty healthy.
but usin it 3 times at a time.nah.blockin all other sounds.already arty,airstrike,jaymod spree sounds enuf loud.and bullet/footstep sounds' volume pretty low.sometimes i cant get, am i get hittin by someone or not,till i die.nah pass me,not anymore.yes fun but when not playin.
changed my playstyle to serious mood.tryin to focus game wit my eyes and ears.
c0rd

Postby BossHK » 30 Apr 2009, 23:40

.........fuck it! I wrote pretty long post and hitted accidentally backward button when this text box was not selected...

Well, in short: read my tutorial :D Especially how to get right sensitivity for you. Also after reading do all the things for your mouse what there is told(buy new mouse if needed ;) ).
So in very short what to do in duel when facing enemy: main point is to have good aim. Crosshair should follow enemy's movement(you must have right sensitivity for you). Also important thing is to shoot first(and hit of course!!!), because you get advantage then(based on Q3 engine, I won't explain it here). Almoust as important thing as aiming is dodging. Without dodging you are easy target for enemy. Strafing + crouching are the things to do on open area. Also keeping crosshair on enemy's head height/level is good thing.

Some other things: Use mousepad, have advantages compared to just table. Use CRT monitor for gaming. Aww...there is so many things which to tell which would help to play ET good.

I'm very tired. Cu later.

P.S. Oww, the link to tutorial -.-

http://rapidshare.com/files/190365029/Short_aiming_tutorial.rar
BossHK

Postby c0rd » 02 May 2009, 12:26

im doin a search for a new good mouse. i set my target to 1000dpi mouses,which are 2 times faster(less painful) than my current one.i even saw 3200dpi mouses on net.but i think
its unnecessary for me.

this s my current list.

microsoft desktop 6000 cordless,laser
logitech mx620 cordless,laser
logitech pilot optical,cordless 1000dpi
logitech Lx6 cordless,optical

any of u usin one of these?any suggestion?any 1000dpi model which i should add in my list?
monday im gonna search where i can find these models.in my city there re big techonology markets.gonna search prices.im thinkin to invest 75-80euros budget to this.but can invest a
lil bit more.
c0rd

Postby fea » 03 May 2009, 20:26

i bought my mouse lynx 21 in promotion with gaming pad for 15 zl, what means approximately 3-4 euros. I found it on no minimal price auction and i had luck :P In shop where i found it, it's worth 100zl. I don't know if it's good mouse or sth. It's not giving any problems to cooperate with me :D so it's good :D With that price, it's the best mouse :P
J. R. R. Tolkien
fea
ETc| Member

Postby c0rd » 05 May 2009, 12:09

nwm.i wont bother noone wit my questions anymore.anyways bought a 1800dpi mouse of logitech.bought Enemy territory:quake wars.and quit W:ET once and for all.at least i learned scriptin for Q3 game engines.peh.
c0rd

Postby fea » 05 May 2009, 12:17

that aren't good news. But ok, your call.
J. R. R. Tolkien
fea
ETc| Member

Postby eYeless x_X » 09 May 2009, 09:25

mouse, you have two choices in my opinion, sure there are others that are LIKE these two in performance, but damn, logitech just know wtf theyre doing

Logitech G5 (if youre on a budget)
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mice_ ... 9&cl=US,EN

and the one i have..
Logitech G9(if u dont mind the price, but the perfomance cant be matched, it just cant)
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mice_ ... 3&cl=US,EN

mousepads, well it depends on what u want, HUGE mousepad? or one thats fairly big with pretty much the best surface around, ill throw both at you just incase

HUGE mousepad(also one i have)
http://www.xoxide.com/zalman-mp1000-gam ... sepad.html

best surface bar none(comes in two colors)
http://www.xoxide.com/icemat.html <---- black

http://www.xoxide.com/icemat-2nd-edition-blue.html <--- blue

and from that point, its all in your hand eye coordination, and practice :) good luck.
THE CLOTH IM CUT FROM.. THEY DONT MAKE IT ANYMORE.
eYeless x_X

Postby BossHK » 09 May 2009, 19:27

Two best mouses(in technical) are Logitech MX518 and Razer Deathadder. They have different shapes, so choose which fit better for you.

Btw eYeless, that mousepad isn't so big :) I have a bit bigger, but it's still small. I need about 90cm x 70cm mousepad, but can't get it anymore anywhere :(

P.S. Me playing with lowsens:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hBJjRguDsI&fmt=18
BossHK

Postby ETc|GammaRay » 10 May 2009, 19:05

For me the best is the Logitech G5

i don't remind how much dpi but enough for ET.
:arrow: 3 lvls of sensitivity
:arrow: great grip
:arrow: you can change the weight

:arrow: Best mouse i've ever had 8-) ;)
no World Order !!!!!

ETc|GammaRay
ETc| Member

Postby eYeless x_X » 11 May 2009, 05:39

ok boss, watched the video, cant see the on screen action well, but thats ok, cuz i saw all i needed to, the mousepad lol, thats the next one im getting :D, but no, logitech g5/g9, those mice own all, period :P
THE CLOTH IM CUT FROM.. THEY DONT MAKE IT ANYMORE.
eYeless x_X

Return to Enemy Territory