ET without installation?

All things related to Enemy Territory game. Maps, mods, scripts etc.

ET without installation?

Postby naQ » 27 Oct 2018, 04:42

It's still gonna take me few months before I get a gaming PC after moving overseas... :cry: I was wondering... could I run ET without any installation on the OS? Preferably from an external HD? Like a portable package? I couldn't find any good info after googling around for a while... I only have a company laptop and I should honor the policy that no games are installed on them.

Help me out here - I miss ET! :wank2:
Unsub @ ircnet/quakenet
http://unsub.fi
naQ
ETc| Member

Re: ET without installation?

Postby ETc|#.Jay.# » 27 Oct 2018, 10:32

yes thats possible, et dont need to be installed. you can move the folder from old os to new os. ET is portable.
ETc|#.Jay.#
ETc| Member

{ IMAGES }: 553

Postby ETc|PSYKOGRASM » 27 Oct 2018, 17:14

I posted the following in a topic a while ago which is related, instead of using powershell you can just create a shortcut to the executable (also on external hdd) with the added commands and then you have the game data and user data all contained inside one folder. I can't be bothered to go into specifics or spoonfeed a better answer because I sold all my computers so this is too much work but all the clues are here to sort you out:

If like me you use portable install yo can add a powershell function to launch from conhost like so:

Code: Select all
function etc
{
    Push-Location "C:\Users\rorgo\etlegacy"
        ./etl.exe +set fs_homepath "C:\Users\rorgo\etlegacy\ETLegacy" +connect clan-etc.de:27960
    Pop-Location
}

to
Code: Select all
C:\Users\rorgo\OneDrive\Documents\WindowsPowerShell\Microsoft.PowerShell_profile.ps1

Adjust locations/users for yourself of course.

-------

The specify line+arguments important for the shortcut are obviously: etl.exe +set fs_homepath "C:\Users\rorgo\etlegacy\ETLegacy" +connect clan-etc.de:27960

Hope that helps.
ETc|PSYKOGRASM
ETc| Member

Postby naQ » 28 Oct 2018, 08:43

ETc|#.Jay.# wrote:yes thats possible, et dont need to be installed. you can move the folder from old os to new os. ET is portable.

Oh, now I feel stupid for not even trying... Thanks Jay! It's alive! Pwn you guys leater.. ;)
Unsub @ ircnet/quakenet
http://unsub.fi
naQ
ETc| Member

Return to Enemy Territory